I'm in a band now. We are called The Murder Bros. We play some BAMF covers of some of your favorite songs, but we also are working on original work. We have 7 original songs already!
I am deriving much more joy from being in a band than I thought was possible. I would say that I should have joined a band ages ago, but I don't think I was ready, and I didn't know how to play guitar ages ago, so I won't. I love being in a band. Here are eight reasons why.
- I am getting better at playing instruments because being around talented musicians inspires you and pushes you forward.
- I am able to use my poetic training and knowledge to write lyrics that are effective and enjoyable.
- I get to hang out with my band mates who are very cool people.
- I've always loved performing. Performing with a band is as good, if not better, with a band.
- Everyone thinks you're cool when they see you with a guitar case.
- Rock n' Roll is now all marketing. I know a lot about marketing and like to use my talents there.
- It's artistically fulfilling.
- It's just fun.
We are playing to have a good time, but I'd like to treat it like we're going to "make it." We want to make videos and Tshirts, and I even made a myspace for the band. I think our logo is bad ass (I made it).
I think you will love the Murder Bros., and I hope that you support this new adventure.