- Clean up living space daily, including making the bed and doing all the dishes and making sure all working surfaces are uncluttered. I've allowed this to go too far because I've been living with someone who doesn't like the way I tidy up. I can't think properly when there's so much clutter, though, and I'm going to just start doing it my way regardless of what anyone says,
- Wake up earlier. I used to wake up early and go to bed late. I think that is the best way for me to live. I feel like I got a lot more done and was more creative when that was the case,
- Take naps in order to make the previous rule possible. Naps are the perfect break from work. If you get up early and rock out a bunch of productivity, you've earned the nap. If you haven't been productive enough, a nap might be the perfect thing to get you back in the game. Say "fuck off" to anyone who thinks napping is lazy.
- Concentrate on writing and drawing. When I was writing and drawing more, I had enough money in the bank to make me happy, and I had enough positive feedback from the universe to make me happy.
- Blog more. I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world, and I love getting email or comments. For some reason, I've never received many comments on my blogs, but I do get a ton of emails about them. I'm always thrilled when I get something in the mail regarding my blogs. I think blogging regularly is also a great way to keep the instrument sharp.
- exercise more often. I go through spurts of intense exercise, and then I get a minor injury or insane weather comes our way, and I use that as an excuse to not work out or go for runs. I hate that about myself. I'm going to stop doing that.
- Spend more time with animals. I love hanging out with my dog or my publisher's cats. Sometimes they're annoying, but they make me feel like there's love in the world.
- Never let anyone own me. I feel like there are too many people who hold dominion over me at the moment. I will no longer deal with tyrants or naysayers or haters. I used to be really good at just ignoring them or masking how I felt about them. I was much happier when I just cut people out of my life when they betrayed me. I'm going to go back to that.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Ways to Unfuck My Life
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment