Many interesting and/or fun things happened in poetry last week.
First, I got some poems published at Back Room Live, which used to be a monthly reading series in Oakland and now is an awesome online poetry journal.
Then, a poet named Jeremy Czerw wrote me an email and told me he loved The Berenstain Bears Go to Church, a chapbook that Wheelhouse published.
Finally, someone freaked out about my "How to Join a Motorcycle Gang" poem on this blog. I'd kind of forgotten about that piece. I like it very much.
- I've been writing more, too.
- I am going to start posting here five days a week again.
- How sexy is that motorcycle picture?
- I still do not have a motorcycle.
- I only have a Subaru, and it's leased.
- I would like to be the first asthmatic to ride across the country on a motorcycle.
- Che famously did a lot of north/south biking.
- I am the white Che Guevara.
- When I read a lot of Allen Ginsberg, I thought I was a communist.
- Today, I just have strong feelings about equality and motorcycles.