We ended up at Ben & Nick's where there were more poets and crumb chasers. A fun night full of singing and dancing and drinking--true revelry. Sometimes we need reminders like these in order to keep going; nights that remind us why poetry is the only thing worth it.
ºººººººªªªªª™™™™™¢∞∞∞∞∞™™™™A lot is going on in the Jack Morgan universe right now. Chad Sweeney was surprised. Makes me want to take an inventory.
Here we are:
- Sorry 4 Snake is underway. It will be out and available on October 20. It is going to be great.
- MAPP is taking place all over the Mission, but our event is at L's Caffe on 24th St. It is going to be one of the coolest things I have ever been involved with. It makes em want to use the f-word to describe it. MAPP is going to be fucking out of this world, man.
- Amiri Baraka is reading at UCB on Halloween, and I need to get that poster out.
- SHIT! MAPP needs a poster, too.
- I am also finishing the Patrick F. Durgin poster right now. He and others are reading on the 22nd at Moe's.
- And I am still working on the Abraham Lincoln cover. That's for spring, but spring is not that far off, really, when it comes to this.
So I really have to go.
I am also finishing my BA this year. That is a bit of work, too. I write, too. And I blog, and I sometimes call my mother to say hello.